Well well, we have rolled into 2013 gently and as I close 2012-and what a year it has been for me!- I thought of sharing with you what I have learnt this year. These universal truths have simply articulated themselves and I can only be grateful for those people and situations that allowed me to grow from them!
How does your list look like? What did You learn last year? (yep, we are already calling it last year and before you know it, it is already 1 January 2014! So do not waste your time, we do not know how much of it we have left)
Thank you all for staying with me in 2012 and I wish you a prosperous, fulfilling, challenging and exciting 2013!
- It does not matter where you are in life; there is always another place to go! Take your chance; we all have only one life to live and if you have a life, you must have a life purpose!
- Love is the only thing worth striving for. Loving God, loving the world, loving human beings is one purposeful act of worship. Love is the hardest yet most beautiful thing to live, suffer and struggle for and even though there is no guarantee to get any love back, it is our essential nature to love from the depth of our heart. Love challenges us, moves us and makes us who we are and no matter how much you give, it never goes wasted. Never be scared of love as this is the only way to feel fully alive!
- Honesty is the best policy. When you dig for the truth diligently –and make sure you are ready for the truth- it appears. Always!
- Never shy away from pouring your heart and soul into everything you do. Even if there is no guarantee, your sincerity is noted- somewhere, somehow, by Someone .
- Being vulnerable is the ultimate expression of strength!
- Courage, Compassion and Connection- These are the things we are here for and if you are not scared of living with them, you will always find your way! People have more similarities than differences and when we find those threads of similarities we take connections to a whole new level with each other.Being courageous is tough, feeling compassionate is a gift and building connections with others is a choice we make every minute of our life.
- Success does not have to be big, loud and aggressive. It is often the quiet, little voice, the diligent effort or the little victories that move us towards our dreams!